TIMBERLAKE: I think they both think, when they first meet each other in the movie, it’s a great… it’s sort of great for their relationship. They both see each other from other sides of the fence because this world that we live in in this film has completely separated society into two classes. And I think Andrew always have a very interesting way of writing things that when you see them in a film, you kind of go, вЂ
SEYFRIED: She just wants to get away from the smell…
TIMBERLAKE: Mostly sick of egg whites though
SEYFRIED: Yeah, it’s a boring life, just to sit around and trying not to die, basically. Which is… in that society having so much time, having so much money, whatever. It’s everybody has a bodyguard, everybody eats really… it’s a very mundane existence; they just eat like egg whites and try to stay healthy. She just wants adventures. She’s young and she’s got no one around to share the same feelings with and her dad is overly controlling and basically she just wants to get out. And she sees this guy coming from вЂ" she doesn’t know where he’s from вЂ" he seems like trouble, in a good way. And then all of a sudden she has no choice, because he takes her hostage. And I think at first it’s really scary, because this is not how she would have gone about getting out of her life. But at the same time, she’s exhilarated by the danger and the experience and also the possibilities.
So Amanda, how and why do you get involved? Take us through a little bit of your arc. You’re a hostage initially, right?
TIMBERLAKE: Yeah, I think it kind of becomes a two-hander in a way.
SEYFRIED: Together. As we kind of go through it together…
TIMBERLAKE: Am I feeling pressure to carry the movie? I don’t really look at it that way. After reading the script, there are two really interesting arcs for both of our characters and I think there’s a little bit of… And the movie definitely starts off with my story, but after you meet Amanda’s character in the middle of the film, and through our sort of relationship and our affair… um, she has a great arc. I feel like, obviously, it’s going to hard to answer a lot of these questions while we’re making the movie. I’ve never done this before, so forgive me if I seem the opposite of specific – what you guys are looking for. But after reading it, I feel like you start off seeing the movie through my character and you end up getting the value out of Amanda’s character’s arc in the second half in the film.
Are you feeling pressure to carry the movie?
TIMBERLAKE: So, I’m done here right?
SEYFRIED: As a verb, I know it’s incredible
TIMBERLAKE: I had sort of two or three meetings with Andrew before I decided to do it. It is a high concept, so I think my conversations with him were more to find out how we could really bring out the characters as well. Because I thought the idea was amazing and I think Andrew’s obviously pretty prolific when it comes to this type of concept and film. But he said he was looking to delve deeper and see what he could bring out of it with this experience and so that seemed like it would be fun to try to Rubik’s Cube with him… I just used Rubik’s Cube as a verb…
SEYFRIED: The concept for me it was like, different
Question: So what drew you guys to this movie? I mean, it’s obviously a really cool idea, what was it about it that made you think it would be fun to do?
While on the set, I got to participate in a group interview with Timberlake and Seyfried to discuss their roles in the film, their approach to acting, what it’s like to feel old when you’re still under 30, why hostage-taking is a great way to get to know someone, why being a movie star is harder than going on a world tour with N’Sync, possible titles for a prequel that both stars promise will never happen, and much more. Hit the jump for the full interview.
Earlier this year I was invited to the set of the new sci-fi thriller from high-concept auteur Andrew Niccol.В In the film, which comes out October 28, Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried play a pair of Bonnie and Clyde style bandits on the run in a future world where aging has been eliminated and time has become money.
by Posted: October 6th, 2011 at 12:01 am
Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried On Set Interview IN TIME
Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried IN TIME Interview | Collider
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий